Dr. Brian P. Gurney
DPT, SCS, CSCS, TPI CGFI
Dr. Gurney is a licensed Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) and board certified Sports Clinical Specialist (SCS). His primary focus is on movement disorders related to sports medicine and spine injuries. His certifications also include Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), Functional Movement Screen (FMS) and Titleist Performance Institute Certified Golf Fitness Instructor (TPI CGFI).
Dr. Gurney received his B.S. in exercise science at the University at Buffalo and his Doctorate in Physical Therapy from New York University. During his training, Dr. Gurney interned with the Philadelphia Eagles and the Buffalo Sabres strength and conditioning departments.
Prior to beFIT THERAPY, Dr. Gurney practiced as a physical therapist here in New York City for six years where he was the head supervisor at a large private practice. Dr. Gurney's past patients have included athletes of the NFL, NHL, MLB, IFBB, as well as professional dancers. Dr. Gurney has also been a personal trainer for the past 10 years, specializing in helping post-rehabilitative patients meet their new fitness goals.
Dr. Gurney is fully engaged in continuing education. His previous course work includes manual therapy, sports medicine evaluation, and orthotic fabrication. He also teaches an entry level class in spine manipulation to the doctoral students at New York University.
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy (DPT), New York University
- Bachelor of Science Exercise Science, University at Buffalo
- Board Certified Sports Clinical Specialist (SCS)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Titleist Performance Institute Certified Golf Fitness Instructor (TPI CGFI)
- Functional Movement Screen (FMS)
- American Physical Therapy Associations
- National Strength and Conditioning Association